Boeing IDS B-1 Lancer Bomber Plane
One hundred B-1B Lancer strategic nuclear bombers were built in the 1980's based on the 1974 B-1A bomber, they are a variable-geometry wing aircraft designed by North American Rockwell, the B-1 Lancer has gained the nickname of the "Bone" a play on words based on B-One. Of the 100 B-1's made 67 remain in service with the USAF and it is the last variable-geometry wing aircraft serving with the American armed forces, following the end of the cold war the aircraft have been modernised and converted into a conventional non nuclear delivery platform.
|Boeing B-1B Specifications: |
- Crew: Pilot, co-pilot, offensive systems officer and defensive systems officer
- Length: 146 ft (44.5 m)
- Wingspan: Extended: 137 ft (41.8 m) - Swept: 79 ft (24.1 m)
- Height: 34 ft (10.4 m)
- Wing area: 1,950 ft² (181.2 m²)
- Empty weight: 192,000 lb (87,100 kg)
- Max takeoff weight: 477,000 lb (216,400 kg)
- Engines: Four 30,780 lbf (136.92 kN) General Electric F101-GE-102 afterburning turbo-fans
- Maximum speed: Mach 1.25 (950 mph, 1,529 km/h)
- Maximum range: 6,478 nm (7,456 mi, 11,998 km)
- Service ceiling 60,000 ft (18,000 m)
|Boeing B-1B Bomb loads: |
- 84× Mk-82AIR inflatable retarder general purpose bombs
- 81× Mk-82 low drag general purpose bombs
- 84× 500 pound Mk-62 Quickstrike sea mines
- 8× Mk-65 naval mines
- 30× CBU-87/89/CBU-97 Cluster Bomb Units
- 30× CBU-103/104/105 WCMD
- 24× GBU-31 JDAM GPS guided bombs
- 15× GBU-38 JDAM GPS guided bombs
- 24× Mk-84 general purpose bombs
- 96× GBU-39 Small Diameter Bomb GPS guided bombs
- 16x B61 thermonuclear variable-yield gravity bombs (0.3 to 340 kiloton)
|Boeing B-1B Missile loads: |
- 24× AGM-158 JASSM
- 12× AGM-154 JSOW
Terms & Limitations of Boeing IDS B-1 Lancer Picture use
This picture of General Boing IDS B-1 Lancer has been digitally re-mastered from a USAF picture and they should be credited wherever it is used. We only authorise non-commercial use of the information on this page and we particularly encourage it's use for educational purposes.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three of our copyrighted pictures shall be used on any URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of any of our own copyrighted pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Boeing IDS B-1 Lancer Bomber Plane Picture and Information