British Aerospace Harrier GR7A Bomber Plane
The British Aerospace Harrier GR7A was a vertical take off close support fighter bomber version of the original 1969 Hawker Harrier VTOL fighter. The Harrier GR7's and GR7A's in service with the RAF were being upgraded to GR9 and GR9a specification, this specification included numerous updated electronic systems. The Royal Air Force and the Royal Navy were forced to retire their Harriers in December 2010 due to government cutbacks on military spending (the Royal Navy's aircraft carriers were disposed of as well at this time).
Harrier GR7A Specifications:
- Crew: Pilot only or pilot and observer
- Length: 46 ft 4 in (14.1 m)
- Wingspan: 30 ft 4 in (9.2 m)
- Height: 11 ft 9 in (3.5 m)
- Wing area: 230 ft²
- Empty weight: 12,500 lb (5,700 kg)
- Maximum takeoff weight: 18,950 lb VTO, 31,000 lb STO  (8,595 kg VTO, 14,061 kg STO)
- Engine: Single thrust vectored 21,750 lb thrust Rolls-Royce Pegasus Mk. 105 turbofan
- Maximum speed: 662 mph (1,065 km/h)
- Range: 2015 mi (km)
- Service ceiling 50,000 ft (15,000 m)
- Rate of climb: 40,000 ft/min (203.2 m/s)
|Harrier GR7A Armament: |
- Maximum of sixteen general-purpose bombs
- Four Maverick anti-tank missiles
- Paveway 2 or Paveway 3 laser-guided bombs
- CRV-7 rocket pods
- Two AIM-9L Sidewinders or ASRAAM Air-to-Air missiles
Terms & Limitations of Harrier GR7A Picture use
This picture of British Aerospace Harrier GR7A is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This British Aerospace Harrier GR7A picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this British Aerospace Harrier GR7A picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
British Aerospace Harrier GR7A Picture and Information