Handley Page Halifax B.III Bomber Plane
The Handley Page Halifax was a British heavy bomber which first flew just weeks before WW2 and entered RAF service in November 1940, it remained operational with the RAF throughout the remainder of WW2. A total of 6,176 Handley Page Halifax bombers had been produced when production ended in 1946, these were operated by several air-forces other than the RAF including those of Australia, Canada, Egypt, New Zealand and Poland. The Pakistan air-force operated a squadron of Halifax bombers and was the last air-force to operate the type, finally retiring them in 1961.
|Handley Page Halifax Mk III Specifications: |
- Crew: 7
- Length: 71 ft 7 in (21.82 m)
- Wingspan: 104 ft 2 in (31.75 m)
- Height: 20 ft 9 in (6.32 m)
- Loaded weight: 54,400 lb (24,675 kg)
- Engines: Four 1,615 hp (1,205 kW) Bristol Hercules XVI radial engines
- Maximum speed: 282 mph (454 km/h) at 13,500 ft (4,115 m)
- Range: 1,860 mi (3,000 km)
- Service ceiling: 24,000 ft (7,315 m)
- Rate of climb: 750 ft/min (3.8 m/s)
Handley Page Halifax Mk III Armament:
- Guns: Four .303 in (7.7 mm) Browning machine guns in dorsal turret
- Guns: Four .303 in (7.7 mm) Browning machine guns in tail turret
- Guns: Single .303 in (7.7 mm) Vickers K machine gun in nose
- Bombs: Maximum of 13,000 lb (5,897 kg)
Terms & Limitations of Handley Page Halifax B.III Picture use
This picture of a Handley Page Halifax B.III has been digitally re-mastered from a picture in the public domain. We only authorise non-commercial information use from this page and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This Handley Page Halifax B.III picture is in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three of our copyrighted individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this Handley Page Halifax B.III information, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Handley Page Halifax B.III Bomber Plane Picture and Information