Martin B-26 Marauder Bomber Plane
The Martin B-26 Marauder was a successful WW2 medium bomber operated by the USAAF, RAF and the SAAF. A total of 5,288 aircraft had been produced when production ended in 1941, 10% being supplied to the RAF and SAAF. Early production B-26 Marauders suffered from high losses due to landing accidents resulting in the B-26 Marauders acquisition of the nickname "Widow Maker", the problem was the aircraft's usually high stall speed (about 140 mph) but modifications to the wing's span and incidence resulted in a very good aircraft with a very low attrition rate in active service.
|Martin B-26G Marauder Specifications: |
- Crew: Pilot and co-pilot, bombardier, navigator/radio operator, and three gunners
- Length: 58 ft 3 in (17.8 m)
- Wingspan: 71 ft 0 in (21.65 m)
- Height: 21 ft 6 in (6.55 m)
- Wing area: 658 ft² (61.1 m²)
- Empty weight: 24,000 lb (11,000 kg)
- Loaded weight: 37,000 lb (17,000 kg)
- Engines: Twin 1,900 hp (1,400 kW) Pratt & Whitney R-2800-43 radial engines
- Maximum speed: 287 mph (250 knots, 460 km/h) at 5,000 ft (1,500 m)
- Cruise speed: 216 mph (188 knots, 358 km/h)
- Landing speed: 104 mph (90 knots, 167 km/h)
- Combat radius: 999 nm (1,150 mi, 1,850 km)
- Service ceiling: 21,000 ft (6,400 m)
Martin B-26G Marauder Armament:
- Twelve 0.50 in (12.7 mm) Colt-Browning machine guns
- 4,000 lb (1,800 kg) of bombs
Terms & Limitations of Martin B-26 Marauder Picture use
This picture of a Martin B-26 Marauder has been digitally re-mastered from a USAF museum picture and they should be credited wherever it is used. We only authorise non-commercial use of the information on this page and we particularly encourage it's use for educational purposes.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three of our copyrighted pictures shall be used on any URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of any of our own copyrighted pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Martin B-26 Marauder Bomber Plane Picture and Information