MiG-27 Fighter Bomber
The MiG-27 was designed by the Mikoyan-Gurevich design bureau in the Soviet Union as a ground-attack variable-geometry aircraft based on the existing MiG-23 jet fighter airframe. The MiG-27 first flew in 1970 and entered military service in 1975. When production of the MiG-27 ceased in 1986 1,075 aircraft had been produced, most were built in the Soviet Union but some were built under licence as the "Bahadur" in India by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. It is of note that the MiG-27 was given the NATO reporting name of "Flogger-D/J".
|Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-27K Specifications: |
- Crew: Pilot only
- Length: 1,708 cm (56 ft 0 in)
- Wingspan: Between 778 cm (25 ft 6 in) and 1,397 cm (45 ft 10 in)
- Height: 500 cm (16 ft 5 in)
- Wing area: Between 34.16 m2 (367.7 sq ft) and 37.35 m2 (402.0 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 11,908 kg (26,253 lb)
- Maximum takeoff weight: 20,670 kg (45,570 lb)
- Engine: Single 112.8 kN (25,360 lbf) Khatchaturov R-29B-300 afterburning turbojet
- Maximum speed: Mach 1.77 (1,885 km/h, 1,171 mph) at 8,000-metre altitude (26,250 ft)
- Combat radius: 780 km (480 mi)
- Service ceiling: 14,000 m (46,000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 200 m/s (39,400 ft/min)
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-27K Armament:
- Single 300 round 30 mm GSh-6-30 cannon with 260–300 rounds
- Optional SPPU-22 or SPPU-6 gun pods
- Rocket pods for laser designated or TV electro-optically guided ASMs and PGMs
- General-purpose bombs mounted on hard-points up to 4,000 kg (8,800 lb)
Terms & Limitations of MiG-27 Picture use
This picture of a MiG-27 is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This MiG-27 picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this MiG-27 picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
MiG-27 Bomber Plane Picture and Information