North American TB-25N Mitchell Bomber Plane
The North American B-25 Mitchell was a WW2 American twin-engine medium bomber designed by John Leland "Lee" Atwood, it first flew in 1940 and entered operational service the following year. The B-25 Mitchell served with most allied Air-Forces in numerous theatres and proved to be a popular aircraft with it's flight crew. A total of 9,984 aircraft were produced, the primary users being the Air-Forces of the US, UK and Soviet Union. The last operational North American B-25 Mitchells were withdrawn from service with the Indonesian Air-Force in 1979.
|North American B-25J Mitchell Specifications: |
- Crew: Pilot, co-pilot, navigator/bombardier, turret gunner/engineer, radio operator/waist gunner, tail gunner
- Length: 52 ft 11 in (16.1 m)
- Wingspan: 67 ft 6 in (20.6 m)
- Height: 17 ft 7 in (4.8 m)
- Empty weight: 21,120 lb (9,580 kg)
- Loaded weight: 33,510 lb (15,200 kg)
- Max takeoff weight: 41,800 lb (19,000 kg)
- Engines: Twin 1,850 hp (1,380 kW) Wright R-2600 "Cyclone" radials
- Maximum speed: 275 mph (239 knots, 442 km/h)
- Cruise speed: 230 mph (200 knots, 370 km/h)
- Combat radius: 1,350 mi (1,170 nm, 2,170 km)
- Service ceiling: 25,000 ft (7,600 m)
- Rate of climb: 790 ft/min (4 m/s)
North American B-25J Mitchell Armament:
- Twelve 0.50 in (12.7 mm) machine guns
- 6,000 lb (2,700 kg) of bombs (or)
- 3,000 lb (1,360 kg) bombs and eight 5-inch (130 mm) non-guided rocket projectiles
Terms & Limitations of North American TB-25N Mitchell Picture use
This picture of a North American TB-25N Mitchell is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This North American TB-25N Mitchell picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this North American TB-25N Mitchell picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
North American TB-25N Mitchell Bomber Plane Picture and Information