Sepecat Jaguar GR3A Fighter Bomber Plane
The Sepecat Jaguar is a joint Anglo-French design dating back to 1965, it was originally conceived as a dual-role advanced/operational trainer and tactical support aircraft, the Jaguar design however rapidly evolved into a fighter-bomber. The first Sepecat Jaguar was delivered to the RAF in 1973, and at one stage was standard equipment with 8 front-line squadrons in both the UK and Germany. The French Air Force retired it's Jaguars in 2005 and the RAF in 2007, but Jaguars remain operational with the Indian Air Force and the Royal Air Force of Oman.
The Jaguar GR3A pictured above was of 41 Squadron based at RAF Coltishall, it was decominitioned the very next day having run out of service hours on it's airframe! The Sepecat Jaguar was retired from RAF service in April 2007 at which time a total of 543 aircraft had been built.
Sepecat Jaguar GR3A Specifications:
- Crew: GR3 pilot only - T4 pilot and trainee in tandem
- Engines: Two Rolls-Royce (Turbomeca) Adour turbofans
- Length: 55ft 2in (16.83m)
- Wingspan: 28ft 6 in (8.69m)
- Top Speed: 1,056mph (1,700km/h)
Sepecat Jaguar GR3A Armament:
Max 10,000lb (4,500kg) of stores including:1,000lb general purpose bombsCBU-87 cluster bombsPaveway 2 or Paveway 3 precision-guided bombsCRV-7 rocket podsTwin over-wing Sidewinder or ASRAAM air-to-air missiles
Sepecat Jaguar GR3A Ground
This RAF Jaguar GR3A picture has been digitally re-mastered from a MOD picture, it therefore contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v2.0
|Operation Desert Storm|
This RAF Sepecat Jaguar GR1 is pictured in desert camouflage during "Operation Desert Storm" in the Gulf War of 1991. As the Jaguars were not equipped to "light" their targets as required with precision laser guided bombs, Buccaneer aircraft flew with them to illuminate their targets for them with their lasers. This Jaguar photo has been digitally re-mastered from a U.S. Defense- imagery picture deemed to be in the public domain.
Sepecat Jaguar GR3A
Terms & Limitations of Sepecat Jaguar Picture use
Unless otherwise stated these pictures of a Sepecat Jaguar are Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This Sepecat Jaguar GR3A picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this Sepecat Jaguar GR3A picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Sepecat Jaguar GR3A Bomber Plane Picture and Information