Agusta AB 212 Military Helicopter
The Agusta AB 212 helicopter is a two bladed twin engined medium lift helicopter, it is a licence built version of the Bell Model 212, the US forces famous UH-1N or Huey Helicopter which was in production between 1968 and 1998. The picture below depicts one of the five Agusta AB 212 ASW Helicopters operated by the Peruvian Navy (Marina de Guerra del Perú). It is of note that in a rather unusual Bilateral Agreement between the Italian Defence Ministry and the Armed Forces of Malta, AGUSTA BELL 212 helicopters are operated in a SAR capacity. The crews consist of one Italian pilot and one Maltese pilot, an Italian technician and two Maltese rescue operatives.
Agusta AB 212 Specifications:
- Crew: One of two
- Capacity: 14 passengers
- Length: 57 ft 1.68 in (17.43 m)
- Rotor diameter: 48 ft (14.64 m)
- Height: 12 ft 6.83 in (3.83 m)
- Empty weight: 6529.4 lb (2961.7 kg)
- Max takeoff weight: 11,200 lb (5,080 kg)
- Engine: Single Pratt & Whitney Canada 1,800 shp (1,342 kW) PT6T-3 turbo-shaft
- Maximum speed: 120 knots (138 mph, 223 km/h)
- Cruise speed: 100 knots (115 mph, 186 km/h)
- Range: 237 nm (439 km)
- Service ceiling: 17,400 ft (5,305 m)
Terms & Limitations of Agusta AB 212 Picture use
This picture of a Agusta AB 212 has been digitally re-mastered from a US Navy picture and they should be credited wherever it is used. We only authorise non-commercial use of the information on this page and we particularly encourage it's use for educational purposes.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three of our copyrighted pictures shall be used on any URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of any of our own copyrighted pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Agusta AB 212 Military Helicopter Picture & Information