AgustaWestland A109 Military Helicopter
The AgustaWestland AW109 is a light transport, medical evacuation, search-and-rescue, and military utility helicopter which first flew in 1971 and was introduced in to active military service in 1976 and it still made by AgustaWestland. Although operated by numerous armed forces in small numbers the primary military users are the Italian Army and the Royal New Zealand Air Force.
|Agusta A109 Power Specifications: |
- Crew: 1 or 2 pilots
- Capacity: 7/6 passengers
- Length: 42 ft 9 in (13.04 m)
- Rotor diameter: 36 ft 2 in (11.00 m)
- Height: 11 ft 6 in (3.50 m)
- Empty weight: 3,461 lb (2,000kg)
- Maximum takeoff weight: 6,283 lb (2,850 kg)
- Engines: Twin 567 hp Pratt & Whitney Canada 206C or 571 hp Turbomeca Arrius 2K1 turboshafts (Agusta A109a and A109c Allison Model 250)
- Maximum speed: 177 mph (154 knots, 285 km/h)
- Ferry range: 599 mi (521 NM, 964 km)
- Service ceiling: 19,600 ft (6,000 m)
- Rate of climb: 1,930 ft/min (9.8 m/s)
Armament (Agusta A109 LUH only):Guns: 12.7 mm machine gun (250 rounds) in pod, pintle mounted 7.62 mm machine gun, door gunner post 12.7 mm machine gunMissile capabilities: Twin TOW missile launchers (2 or 4 missiles each), unguided rockets in pods (2.75 in or 81 mm rockets with 7 or 12 tubes per pod), rocket/machine gun pod (70 mm × 3 rockets and 12.7 mm machine gun with 200 rounds)
Terms & Limitations of AgustaWestland A109 Picture use
This picture of AgustaWestland A109 is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This AgustaWestland A109 picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this AgustaWestland A109 picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
AgustaWestland A109 Military Helicopter Picture & Information