Agusta Westland Merlin HC.3 Military Helicopter
The Agusta Westland Merlin is a triple engine medium lift naval utility helicopter which first flew in 1987 and entered operational military service in 1999. It is currently operated by the armed forces of Britain, Italy, Japan, Denmark and Portugal. The HC.3 pictured on this page is the a Royal Air Force aircraft, the HC.3 is the RAF's designation for the Agusta Westland Merlin Model 411 transport variant.
|AgustaWestland Merlin HC.3 Helicopter Specifications: |
- Crew: 3 or 4
- Capacity: 8 troops or 4 stretchers
- Length: 19.53 m-fuselage length (64 ft 1 in)
- Rotor diameter: 18.59 m (61 ft 0 in)
- Height: 6.62 m (21 ft 8¾ in)
- Empty weight: 10,500 kg (23,149 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 14,600 kg (32,188 lb)
- Engines: Three 1,566 kW (2,100 shp) Rolls-Royce Turbomeca RTM322-01 turboshafts
- Maximum speed: 309 km/h (167 knots, 192 mph)
- Cruise speed: 278 km/h (150 knots, 167mph)
- Range: 833 km (517 miles)
- Endurance: 5 hours
- Service ceiling: 4,575 m (15,000 ft)
Terms & Limitations of Agusta Westland Merlin HC.3 Picture use
This picture of Agusta Westland Merlin HC.3 is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This Agusta Westland Merlin HC.3 picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this Agusta Westland Merlin HC.3 picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Agusta Westland Merlin HC.3 Military Helicopter Picture & Info