AgustaWestland Merlin HM.1 ASW Helicopter
The Agusta Westland Merlin is a triple engine medium lift naval utility helicopter which first flew in 1987 and entered operational military service in 1999. It is currently operated by the armed forces of Britain, Italy, Japan, Denmark and Portugal. The AgustaWestland Merlin HM.1 ASW is the Royal Navy's Anti Submarine variant, it utilises a Thomson Sintra FLASH dipping sonar array coupled to a Thomson Marconi Sonar AQS-903 acoustic processor, the radar is a Selex Galileo Blue Kestrel 5000 maritime surveillance system, it is also fitted with a Racal Orange Reaper ESM (Electronic Support Measures) ECM system.
|AgustaWestland Merlin Hm.1 ASW Helicopter Specifications: |
- Crew: 3 or 4
- Length: 19.53 m-fuselage length (64 ft 1 in)
- Rotor diameter: 18.59 m (61 ft 0 in)
- Height: 6.62 m (21 ft 8¾ in)
- Empty weight: 10,500 kg (23,149 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 14,600 kg (32,188 lb)
- Engines: Three 1,566 kW (2,100 shp) Rolls-Royce Turbomeca RTM322-01 turboshafts
- Maximum speed: 309 km/h (167 knots, 192 mph)
- Cruise speed: 278 km/h (150 knots, 167mph)
- Range: 833 km (450 nmi)
- Endurance: 5 hours
- Service ceiling: 4,575 m (15,000 ft)
- Four Sting Ray homing torpedoes (or)
- Four depth charges
Terms & Limitations of AgustaWestland Merlin HM.1 ASW Picture use
This picture of AgustaWestland Merlin HM.1 ASW is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This AgustaWestland Merlin HM.1 ASW picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this AgustaWestland Merlin HM.1 ASW picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
AgustaWestland Merlin HM.1 ASW Helicopter Picture & Information