Boeing Apache AH-64 Military Helicopter
The Apache gunship was designed by Hughes Helicopters as part of the United States Army's Advanced Attack Helicopter program as the intended replacement for the excellent but aging AH-1 Cobra, it first flew in September 1975 and entered service with the US Army as the AH-64 in April 1986. The helicopter is marketed now as the Boeing Apache AH-64, this is a result of Hughes Helicopters being sold to McDonnell-Douglas in 1984 and which itself merged with Boeing in 1997.
Boeing Apache AH-64D Specifications:
- Crew: Pilot and co-pilot/gunner
- Length: 58.17 ft (17.73 m)
- Rotor diameter: 48 ft 0 in (14.63 m)
- Height: 12.7 ft (3.87 m)
- Empty weight: 11,387 lb (5,165 kg)
- Loaded weight: 17,650 lb (8,000 kg)
- Maximum takeoff weight: 23,000 lb (10,433 kg)
- Engines: Twin 1,890 shp (1,260 kW) General Electric T700-GE-701C turboshafts
- Fuselage length: 49 ft 5 in (15.06 m)
- Rotor systems: 4 blade main rotor, 4 blade tail rotor
- Never exceed speed: 197 knots (227 mph, 365 km/h)
- Maximum speed: 158 knots (182 mph, 293 km/h)
- Cruise speed: 143 knots (165 mph, 265 km/h)
- Range: 260 nmi (300 mi, 480 km)
- Combat radius: 260 nmi (300 mi, 480 km)
- Service ceiling: 21,000 ft (6,400 m) minimum loaded
- Rate of climb: 2,500 ft/min (12.7 m/s)
The Helicopter illustrated in the pictures on this page is a Apache AH-64D belonging to the RNLAF (Royal Netherlands Air Force) who purchased 30 in 1995 all were fitted with Apache Modular Aircraft Survivability Equipment (AMASE), a Electronic Warfare self-protection system for use against hostile Infra-Red (IR) missile threats.
Boeing Apache AH-64D Armament:
- Guns: Single 30 × 113 mm (1.18 × 4.45 in) M230 Chain Gun with 1,200 rounds
- Hardpoints: Four pylon stations on the stub wings
- Rockets: Hydra 70, 70 mm folding-fin unguided aerial rocket
- CRV7 70 mm folding-fin ground attack rockets
- AGM-114 Hellfire air-to-surface missiles
- AIM-92 Stinger infrared homing surface/air-to-air missiles
Terms & Limitations of Boeing Apache AH-64 Picture use
This picture of a Boeing Apache AH-64 is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This Boeing Apache AH-64 picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this Boeing Apache AH-64 picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Boeing Apache AH-64 Military Helicopter Picture & Information