Boeing CH-47 Chinook Military Helicopter
The Boeing CH-47 Chinook is a heavy lift helicopter designed by and produced by Boeing Vertol in the early 1960's. The Chinook replaced the Vertol CH-21B Workhorse in the American military and was the first tandem rotor helicopter to be used the British armed forces since the Bristol Type 192 Belvedere helicopter, it represented a significant improvement in reliability and survivability over both these older designs and still is is fully operational with numerous military forces worldwide with the prime users being the American and British armed forces.
|Boeing Vertol CH-47F Specifications:|
- Crew: Pilot, co-pilot, flight engineer
- Capacity: 33–55 troops or
- 24 stretchers and 3 attendants or 28,000 lb (12,700 kg) of cargo
- Length: 98 ft 10 in (30.1 m)
- Rotor diameter: 60 ft 0 in (18.3 m)
- Height: 18 ft 11 in (5.7 m)
- Empty weight: 23,400 lb (10,185 kg)
- Loaded weight: 26,680 lb (12,100 kg)
- Max. takeoff weight: 50,000 lb (22,680 kg)
- Engines: Twin 4,733 hp (3,631 kW) Honeywell Aerospace/Lycoming T55-GA-714A turbo-shafts
- Maximum speed: 170 knots (196 mph, 315 km/h)
- Cruise speed: 130 kt (149 mph, 240 km/h)
- Range: 400 nmi (450 mi, 741 km)
- Ferry range: 1,400 mi (1,216 nmi, 2,252 km)
- Service ceiling: 18,500 ft (5,640 m)
Maximum of three 7.62 mm (0.308 in) M240/FN MAG medium machine guns (one on loading ramp and two at side windows)
Terms & Limitations of Boeing CH-47 Chinook Picture use
This picture of a Boeing CH-47 Chinook is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This Boeing CH-47 Chinook picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this Boeing CH-47 Chinook picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Boeing CH-47 Chinook Military Helicopter Picture & Information