Lockheed Martin US-101 VH-71 Kestrel Military
The Lockheed Martin US-101 is an all Weather Medium Lift Military Helicopter built by Lockheed Martin to the AgustaWestland EH101 Merlin design under licence, it was chosen to replace the 11 VH-3D Sea King helicopters in a new fleet of 28 “Marine One” helicopters for use by the US President. In June 2009, the U.S. Navy terminated the contract for financial reasons in favour of upgrading the existing Presidential helicopter fleet. The now unwanted VH-71 helicopters already built were then sold to Canada for use as spare parts for their AgustaWestland CH-149 Cormorant SAR helicopters.
Lockheed Martin VH-71 Kestrel Specifications:
- Crew: 4
- Capacity: 14
- Length: 74 ft 10 in (22.81 m)
- Rotor diameter: 61 ft 0 in (18.59 m)
- Height: 21 ft 10 in (6.65 m)
- Empty weight: 23,150 lb (10,500 kg)
- Useful load: 12,000 lb (5,443 kg)
- Maximum takeoff weight: 34,320 lb (15,600 kg)
- Engines: Three R-R Turbomeca RTM 322-01-8 or GE T700-GE-T6A of 1,550kW total power
- Maximum speed: 167 knots (192 mph, 309 km/h)
- Range: 750 NM (863 mi, 1,389 km)
- Service ceiling: 15,000 ft (4,575 m))
Terms & Limitations of Lockheed Martin US-101 VH-71 Kestrel Picture use
This picture of a Lockheed Martin US-101 VH-71 Kestrel has been digitally re-mastered from a US Navy picture and they should be credited wherever in is used.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our own content is used is used.
2) For internet use, no more than three of our own individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Lockheed Martin US-101 VH-71 Military Helicopter Picture & Info.