BAE Sea Harrier FRS51 Jet Fighter Plane
The Sea Harrier FRS51 is a version of the FRS.1 Sea Harrier fighter made for the Indian Navy, the first of 23 being delivered in 1983. The main difference between the FRS.1 Sea Harrier and the Sea Harrier FRS51 is that the latter was modified to carry the Matra R550 Magic air-to-air missile. The Indian Navy's Sea Harrier force has suffered attrition due to accidents over the decades they have operated the aircraft, but following modernisation of the remaining 16 FRS51's weapon caperbitity the Indian Navy has stated it's intention to operate Sea Harriers until 2020 although the decommissioning of the WW2 carrier Vikrant in 1997, India has no operational aircraft carriers.
|Sea Harrier FRS51 Specifications: |
- Crew: Pilot only
- Length: 47.57ft (14.50m)
- Width: 25.26ft (7.70m)
- Height: 12.17ft (3.71m)
- Empty Weight: 14,054lbs (6,375kg)
- Maximum take off weight: 26,191lbs (11,880kg)
- Engine: Single 21,500 lbs thrust Rolls-Royce Pegasus Mk 104 turbofan
- Maximum Speed: 736mph (1,185kmh; 640kts)
- Service ceiling: 50,997ft (15,544m; 9.7miles)
- Maximum Range: 466miles (750km)
- Rate-of-Climb: 50,000ft/min (15,240m/min)
Terms & Limitations of BAE Sea Harrier FRS51 Picture use
This picture of a BAE Sea Harrier FRS51 has been digitally re-mastered from a U.S. Navy picture, they should be credited wherever it is used. We only authorise non-commercial picture use of our pictures and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. The original BAE Sea Harrier FRS51 U.S Navy picture is in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our info or own pictures are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three of our individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of any of our own pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
BAE Sea Harrier FRS51 Jet Fighter Picture & Information