dassault-mirage-2000c Jet Fighter Plane
The Dassault Mirage 2000 was developed for the French Air-force as a lightweight single engine jet fighter based on the older Dassault Mirage III fighter. The Mirage 2000C single seat interceptor was the first of the Mirage 2000 series to enter active service with the French Air-force in 1984, a total of 124 aircraft being finally delivered. By 1993 the Mirage 2000C was clearly aging compared to counterparty jet fighters and 37 Dassault Mirage 2000c fighters were ordered to be Updated to 2000-5F specification as a stop-gap solution until the new Dassault Rafale entered service.
The only air force other than the French Air Force to operate the Dassault Mirage 2000c is the Brazilian Air Force who purchased a total of 10 aircraft.
Dassault Mirage 2000C Specifications:
- Crew: Pilot only
- Length: 14.36 m (47 ft 1 in)
- Wingspan: 9.13 m (29 ft)
- Height: 5.20 m (17 ft)
- Empty weight: 7,500 kg (16,350 lb)
- Loaded weight: 13,800 kg (30,420 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 17,000 kg (37,500 lb)
- Engine: Single 95.1 kN (21,400 lbf) SNECMA M53-P2 afterburning turbofan
- Maximum speed: Mach 2.2 (2,333+ km/h, 1,450+ mph) at altitude/ 1,110 km/hr (690 mph) at low altitude
- Combat Range: 1,550 km (837 nmi, 963 mi) with drop tanks
- Service ceiling: 17,060 m (59,000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 285 m/s (56,000 ft/min)
|Dassault Mirage 2000C Armament: |
- Guns: Twin 30 mm (1.18 in) DEFA 554 revolving cannon
- 6,300 kg (13,900 lb) external fuel and ordnance which may include:
- Matra 68 mm unguided rocket pods
- Two MBDA MICA IR/RF Air-to-air missiles
- Two Matra R550 Magic-II Air-to-air missiles
- Two Matra Super 530D Air-to-air missiles
- Two AM.39 Exocet Air-to-surface missiles
- Two AS-30L laser guided Air-to-surface missiles
- Single ASMP tactical nuclear cruise missile
- Nine Mk.82 Bombs
Crashed French Mirage 2000D
The French Air Force Mirage 2000D pictured above was one of six operating out of Kandahar Airfield in Afghanistan, on the 24th of May 2011 it was tasked with accompanying a convoy which had come under fire from insurgents when it suffered engine failure, both aircrew were able to eject safely. The picture depicts the multi-national joint recovery mission to recover the aircraft on the 27th of May 2011, a French aircraft recovery team and a US Marine Aircraft Recovery Fire Fighting team recovered the aircraft, as it was in a zone monitored by Italian forces they provided security for the operation. The Mirage 2000D had to have it's wings removed with C-4 charges to facilitate loading with a M88 recovery vehicle on to the transport, the US Army's 129th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion providing the heavy lift and transport equipment.
Terms & Limitations of dassault-mirage-2000c Picture use
This picture of a dassault-mirage-2000c has been digitally re-mastered from a DefenseImagery.mil picture. We only authorise non-commercial use of our content and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This dassault-mirage-2000c picture is in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) DefenseImagery.mil should be credited wherever this picture is used.
2) For internet use, no more than three of our own individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of any of our copyrighted pictures and content on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
dassault-mirage-2000c Jet Fighter Picture & Information