Dassault Mystere IV Jet Fighter Plane
Dassault Aviation designed and built the Mystère IV as a fighter bomber for the French Air Force. The Mystère IV first flew in September 1952 and entered service in 1953, it was used by the French Air Force in the 1956 Suez Crisis. A total of 411 aircraft were built between 1953 and 1958, although it's primary user was the French Air Force, the Dassault Mystère IV also served with the Indian and Israeli Air Forces. The Dassault Mystère IV remained operational into the early 1980's.
Dassault Mystère IVa Specifications:
- Crew: Pilot only
- Length: 12.89 m (42 ft 4 in)
- Wingspan: 11.12 m (36 ft 6 in)
- Height: 4.46 m (14 ft 8 in)
- Empty weight: 5,870 kg (12,940 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 10,200 kg (22,490 lb)
- Engine: Single 34.4 kN (7,725 lbf) Hispano-Suiza Verdon 350
- Maximum speed: 1,120 km/h (700 mph) at sea level
- Maximum Range: 1,310 km (810 mi)
- Service ceiling: 15,000 m (50,000 ft)
Dassault Mystère IVa Armament:
- Guns: Twin 150 round 30 mm (1.18 in) DEFA cannons
- Rockets: Two Matra rocket pods with eighteen SNEB 68 mm rockets each
- Bombs: 1,000 kg (2,200 lb) on four external wing hardpoints
The USS Liberty
The Dassault Mystère IV is probably best known for the controversial Israeli attack on the United States Navy technical research ship, USS Liberty, which resulted in the death of 34 crew members during the "Six-Day War" of June 1967. The USS Liberty is depicted here following the attack, whilst she was receiving emergency assistance from elements of the Sixth Fleet.
Terms & Limitations of Dassault Mystere IV Picture use
This picture of a Dassault Mystere IV is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This Dassault Mystere IV picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this Dassault Mystere IV picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Dassault Mystere IV Jet Fighter Picture & Information