EF-2000 Eurofighter Jet Fighter Plane
The EF-2000 Eurofighter is an agile, single seat, multi-role aircraft optimised for high altitude supersonic air combat while retaining considerable ground attack capabilities. It is built by a four-nation consortium consisting of companies from the UK, Germany, Italy and Spain. The EF-2000 Eurofighter has a designed in-service life of 25 years or 6,000 flying hours. The Eurofighter is currently in operation with the Royal Air Force, German Air Force, Italian Air Force and the Spanish Air Force as the Eurofighter Tyfoon.
EF-2000 Eurofighter Specifications:
- Crew: Pilot only
- Engines: Twin 20,250 lbf (90 kN) Eurojet EJ200 afterburning turbofans
- Length: 15.96 m (52 ft 5 in)
- Wingspan: 10.95 m (35 ft 11 in)
- Height: 5.28 m (17 ft 4 in)
- Empty weight: 11,000 kg (24,250 lb)
- Loaded weight: 16,000 kg (35,300 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 23,500 kg (51,800 lb)
- Maximum Speed: 1,321mph (2,125km/h) at 36,090ft (11,000m)
- Range: 2,900 km (1,840 mi)
- Service ceiling: 19,810 m (65,000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 315 m/s (62,000 ft/min)
EF-2000 Eurofighter Armament:
Guns:Single 27 mm Mauser BK-27 cannon
A combination of the following munitions may be fitted as required on eight under-wing pylons and five under-fuselage pylons up to a maximum load of 7,500 kg (16,500 lb).
Bombs:Paveway II/III Laser-guided bombs (LGBs)Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM)HOPE/HOSBO bombs
Missiles:AIM-9 Sidewinder Air-to-air missilesAIM-132 ASRAAM Air-to-air missilesAIM-120 AMRAAM Air-to-air missilesIRIS-T Air-to-air missilesAGM-84 Harpoon Air-to-surface missilesAGM-88 HARM Air-to-surface missilesALARM Air-to-surface missilesStorm Shadow Air-to-surface missilesBrimstone Air-to-surface missilesTaurus KEPD 350 Air-to-surface missilesPenguin Air-to-surface missiles
Eurofighter Typhoon Afterburner
Eurofighter Typhoon RAF
Terms & Limitations of EF-2000 Eurofighter Picture use
This picture of EF-2000 Eurofighter is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This EF-2000 Eurofighter picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this EF-2000 Eurofighter picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
EF-2000 Eurofighter Jet Fighter Plane Picture & Information