Hawker Harrier GR7 Jet Fighter Plane
The BAE Harrier GR7 is a second generation VTOL fighter which first flew in May 1990 developed from the original Hawker Harrier by the cooperation McDonnell Douglas and Hawker Siddeley (now BAE) and so is very similar to the US Marines AV-8B Harrier II but without radar. The GR7's were upgraded to GR7a's, some of which replaced the Royal Navy's Sea Harrier FA2 fighters and while the remainder were upgraded again to GR9's as the RAF's ground attack and reconnaissance Harrier. Following governmental military cuts in 2011 all the UK's Harriers were retired, many being sold to the US Marines.
|BAE Harrier GR7 Specifications: |
- Crew: Pilot only or pilot and observer
- Length: 46 ft 4 in (14.1 m)
- Wingspan: 30 ft 4 in (9.2 m)
- Height: 11 ft 9 in (3.5 m)
- Wing area: 230 ft²
- Empty weight: 12,500 lb (5,700 kg)
- Maximum takeoff weight: 18,950 lb VTO, 31,000 lb STO  (8,595 kg VTO, 14,061 kg STO)
- Engine: Single thrust vectored 21,750 lb thrust Rolls-Royce Pegasus Mk. 105 turbofan
- Maximum speed: 662 mph (1,065 km/h)
- Range: 2015 mi (km)
- Service ceiling 50,000 ft (15,000 m)
- Rate of climb: 40,000 ft/min (203.2 m/s)
BAE Harrier GR7 Armament:
- Bombs; Paveway 2, Paveway III LGB, Paveway IV PGB, 540lb gravity bomb, 1000lb gravity bomb
- Missiles: Maverick, Brimstone, Sidewinder, ASRAAM
- Twin pod mounted 30mm ADEN cannons
- CRV7 rocket pod
- Reconnaissance Pod
Terms & Limitations of Hawker Harrier GR7 Picture use
This picture of Hawker Harrier GR7 is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This Hawker Harrier GR7 picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this Hawker Harrier GR7 picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Hawker Harrier GR7 Jet Fighter Plane Picture & Information