RAF Typhoon F1 Jet Fighter Plane
The Typhoon F1 is an agile, single seat, multi-role aircraft specially optimised for high altitude supersonic air combat while retaining considerable ground attack capabilities. It is has been designed and built by a four-nation consortium consisting of companies from the UK, Germany, Italy and Spain. The Typhoon F1 entered service with the RAF in 2003 gradually replacing the existing Panavia Tornado F3 until 1 Mar 2011 when all remaining F3's were retired and designated as spares for the RAF's Tornado GR4 all weather attack aircraft which remain in service.
RAF Typhoon F1 Specifications:
- Crew: Pilot and Trainee seated in tandem
- Engines: Twin 20,250 lbf (90 kN) Eurojet EJ200 afterburning turbofans
- Length: 15.96 m (52 ft 5 in)
- Wingspan: 10.95 m (35 ft 11 in)
- Height: 5.28 m (17 ft 4 in)
- Empty weight: 11,000 kg (24,250 lb)
- Loaded weight: 16,000 kg (35,300 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 23,500 kg (51,800 lb)
- Maximum Speed: 1,321mph (2,125km/h) at 36,090ft (11,000m)
- Range: 2,900 km (1,840 mi)
- Service ceiling: 19,810 m (65,000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 315 m/s (62,000 ft/min)
RAF Typhoon F1 Armament:
- Single 27 mm Mauser BK-27 cannon
A combination of the following missiles and bombs may be fitted externally as required on eight under-wing pylons and five under-fuselage pylons up to a maximum load of 7,500 kg (16,500 lb).
Missiles and Bombs:
- AIM-9 Sidewinder Air-to-air missiles
- AIM-132 ASRAAM Air-to-air missiles
- AIM-120 AMRAAM Air-to-air missiles
- MBDA Meteor Air-to-air missiles
- Storm Shadow Air-to-surface missile
- Brimstone Air-to-surface missile
- ALARM Air-to-surface missiles
- GBU-16 Paveway II (1000 lb) Precision-guided munitions
- GBU-48 Enhanced Paveway II (1000 lb) Precision-guided munitions
- Paveway IV (500 lb) Precision-guided munitions
RAF Eurofighter Typhoon F1
in Landing Configuration
RAF retires the Tornado F3
From 2003 the RAF gradually replaced it's existing Panavia Tornado F3 fighters for the Typhoon F1 until the 1st of Mar 2011 when all remaining F3's were retired and designated as spares for the RAF's Tornado GR4 all weather attack aircraft which remain in service.
Terms & Limitations of RAF Typhoon F1 Picture use
This picture of RAF Typhoon F1 is Copyright © airpowerworld.info 2006. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This RAF Typhoon F1 picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) www.airpowerworld.info must be credited as the copyright holders wherever a picture is used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this RAF Typhoon F1 picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
RAF Typhoon F1 Jet Fighter Plane Picture & Information