Dornier Do-28 Skyservant Military Aircraft
The Dornier Do-28 Skyservant was designed as a twin-engine STOL-utility aircraft to meet military communications and utility requirements, funding was provided by the German government and the prototype first flew in April 1959. As could be expected from a government funded project the primary user was the Luftwaffe although it found favour with other air-forces worldwide and many have now found their way into the private sector. The aircraft pictured on this page is a 1964 Do-28A-1 Skyservant variant which has increased load capacity provided by more powerful 250 hp (190 kW) Lycoming O-540-A1A engines and seven foot increase in wingspan.
Dornier Do 28D-2 Skyservant Specifications:
- Crew: One or two pilots
- Capacity: 12 passengers
- Length: 11.41 m (37 ft 5 in) Wingspan: 15.55 m (51 ft) Height: 3.9 m (12 ft 10 in)
- Wing area: 29 m� (312 ft�)
- Empty weight: 2,328 kg (5,132 lb)
- Loaded weight: 3,647 kg (8,040 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 4,350 kg (9,590 lb)
- Engines: Twin 285 kW (380 hp) Lycoming IGSO-540-A1E 6-cylinder piston engines
- Maximum speed: 323 km/h (175 kn, 201 mph)
- Cruise speed: 306 km/h (165 kn, 190 mph)
- Range: 1,050 km (567 nmi, 652 mi)
- Service ceiling: 7,680 m (25,200 ft)
- Rate of climb: 5 .8 m/s (1,160 ft/min)
Terms & Limitations of Dornier Do-28 Skyservant Picture use
This picture of a Dornier Do-28 Skyservant is Copyright � June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This Dornier Do-28 Skyservant picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this Dornier Do-28 Skyservant picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Dornier Do-28 Skyservant Military Aircraft Picture & Information