Hawker Hunter FGA.9 Military Aircraft
The RAF's Hawker Hunter F.6 fighters were replaced by the English Electric Lightning between 1960 and 1963, however many of the F.6 fighters later had their wings strengthened to give greater external fuel and weapons load capability becoming re-designated the Hawker Hunter FGA.9 close air support aircraft replacing the RAF's de Havilland Venom FB.4's, a role they were to serve successfully in with the RAF until mid 1971 by which time it's role had been taken over by Harrier and Phantom squadrons.
Hawker Hunter Hunter F.6 Specifications:
- Crew: Pilot only
- Length: 45ft 11in (14.00 m)
- Wingspan: 33ft 8in (10.26 m)
- Height: 13ft 2in (4.01 m)
- Empty weight: 14,122 lb (6,405 kg)
- Loaded weight: 17,750 lb (8050 kg)
- Max takeoff weight: 24,600 lb (11,158 kg)
- Engine: Single 10,145 lbf (45.13 kN) Rolls-Royce Avon 207 turbojet
- Maximum speed: Mach 0.94, 620 knots (715 mph, 1,150 km/h) at sea level
- Combat range: 385 nm (445 mi, 715 km)
- Ferry range: 1,650 nm (1,900 mi, 3,060 km) with external fuel
- Service ceiling: 50,000 ft (15,240 m)
- Rate of climb: 17,200 ft/min (87.4 m/s)
Terms & Limitations of Hawker Hunter FGA.9 Picture use
This picture of a Hawker Hunter FGA.9 is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This Hawker Hunter FGA.9 picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this Hawker Hunter FGA.9 picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Hawker Hunter FGA.9 Military Aircraft Picture & Information