Hawker Tempest TT Mk 5 Military Aircraft
The Hawker Tempest was a British WW2 fighter developed from the Hawker Typhoon, half the Tempest's produced were the Hawker Tempest Mk V powered by the 2,180 hp Napier Sabre 24 cylinder engine, it was said by German Messerschmitt Me 262's pilots to be the most dangerous allied fighter they encountered due to it's four 20 mm Hispano cannons combined with a very high speed at low altitudes. After the end of WW2 the RAF required a fast target tug to see in the era of the jet fighter, the Hawker Tempest Mk V was chosen to fulfil the role and a number of the surviving WW2 Tempest Mk-V's were converted into Hawker Tempest TT Mk 5.
Hawker Tempest Mk V Specifications:
- Crew: Pilot only
- Length: 33 ft 8 in (10.26 m)
- Wingspan: 41 ft 0 in (12.49 m)
- Height: 16 ft 1 in (4.90 m)
- Empty weight: 9,250 lb (4,195 kg)
- Loaded weight: 11,400 lb (5,176 kg)
- Max takeoff weight: 13,640 lb (6,190 kg)
- Engine: Single Napier Sabre 2,180 hp (1,625 kW) liquid-cooled H-24 sleeve-valve engine
- Maximum speed: 435 mph at 19,000 ft (700 km/h at 5,791 m)
- Range: 740 mi (1,190 km)
- Service ceiling: 36,500 ft (11,125 m)
- Rate of climb: 4,700 ft/min (23.9 m/s)
Terms & Limitations of Hawker Tempest TT Mk 5 Picture use
This picture of a Hawker Tempest TT Mk 5 is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This Hawker Tempest TT Mk 5 picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this Hawker Tempest TT Mk 5 picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Hawker Tempest TT Mk 5 Military Aircraft Picture & Information