The AC-130H Pave Spectre is able to supply long duration targeted firepower or area saturation based on accurate navigation data provided by both an inertial navigation system and a Satellite Global Positioning system. AC-130 gunships have been deployed by the US in Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Somalia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Albania, Iraq and Afghanistan.
AC-130H Pave Spectre Specifications:
- Crew: Pilot, co-pilot, navigator, fire control officer, electronic warfare officer, flight engineer, TV operator, infrared detection set operator, loadmaster, four aerial gunners.
- Length: 97 ft 9 in (29.8 m)
- Wingspan: 132 ft 7 in (40.4 m)
- Height: 38 ft 6 in (11.7 m)
- Wing area: 531.824 ft² (162.1 m²)
- Max loaded weight: 155,000 lb (70,308 kg)
- Engines: Four 4,508 shp (3,362 kW) Allison T56-A-15 turboprops
- Maximum speed: 362 mph (583 km/h)
- Range: 2,238 mi (3,600 km)
- Service ceiling: 18,000 ft (5,485 m)
AC-130H Pave Spectre Armament:
- Twin 20 mm M61A1 six-barrelled, 6000 rounds per minute, link-less feed Vulcan cannon
- Single L60 40 mm, 120 rounds per minute, Bofors cannon
- Single 105 mm (4.13 in) M102 Howitzer