Lockheed P2H Neptune Military Aircraft
The Lockheed P-2 Neptune was a land based Maritime patrol and ASW aircraft developed for the United States Navy which entered service in 1947, it remained in active USN service until replaced by the P-3 Orion in 1978. It is of note that the Japan Maritime Self Defence Force operated a licence built version of this aircraft, the Kawasaki P-2J. The Neptune was used operationally by the military of all these countries, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Japan, Netherlands, Portugal, United Kingdom, United States.
Lockheed P-2 Neptune P-2H Specifications:
- Crew: 7-9
- Length: 91 ft 8 in (27.94 m)
- Wingspan: 103 ft 10 in (31.65 m)
- Height: 29 ft 4 in (8.94 m)
- Wing area: 1,000 ft² (92.9 m²)
- Empty weight: 49,935 lb (22,650 kg)
- Max takeoff weight: 79,895 lb (35,240 kg)
- Engines: Twin 3,700 hp (2,759 kW) Wright R-3350-32W Cyclone Turbo-compound radial engines
- Maximum speed: 316 kn (586 km/h) (all engines)
- Cruise speed: 180 kn (333 km/h)
- Range: 1,912 nmi (3,540 km)
- Service ceiling: 22,400 ft
Lockheed P-2 Neptune P-2H Armament:
- Rockets: 2.75 in (70 mm) FFAR in removable wing-mounted pods
- Munitions: Up to 8,000 lb (3,629 kg) which could be free-fall bombs, depth charges or torpedoes
This Lockheed SP2H Neptune served with the Royal Netherlands Navy as "204" from 1953 until 1982.
Terms & Limitations of Lockheed P2H Neptune Picture use
This picture of a Lockheed P2H Neptune is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This Lockheed P2H Neptune picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this Lockheed P2H Neptune picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Lockheed P2H Neptune Military Aircraft Picture & Information