PZL m-28B Bryza 1r Military Aircraft
The PZL M28B Bryza ("sea breeze") is a licence built navel variant of the Antonov An-28 designed to meet the requirements of a maritime patrol and reconnaissance aircraft for the Polish Air Force and Navy. The Bryza has good STOL capabilities as well as a high-wing arrangement and can safely land on short unpaved runways, a large rear loading doors facilitates rapid and easy loading of cargo, equipment or passengers.
It is estimated approximately 25 PZL m-28B/Bryza aircraft have been produced seven of which are to the Bryza 1r specification, these are equipped with the ASR-400 360° Search and Surveillance Radar as well as the Link-11 datalink, they are primarily used by the Polish Navy for coastal patrols and search and rescue. There was also one or two Bryza 1RM bis aircraft produced with a magnetic anomaly detector, hydro-acoustic sonar buoys and a thermal imaging system to give the aircraft submarine detection capability.
PZL M28 Specifications:
- Crew: 2
- Capacity: up to 19 passengers
- Payload: 2,000 kg (4,409 lb)
- Length: 13.10 m (42 ft 11¾ in) Wingspan: 22.06 m (72 ft 4½ in) Height: 4.90 m (16 ft 1 in)
- Empty weight: 4,100 kg (9,309 lb)
- Maximum takeoff weight: 7,500 kg (16,534 lb)
- Engines: Twin 820 kW (1,100 shp) Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-65B turboprops
(PZL-10S engines on the PZL m-28B and Bryza 1r military variants)
- Maximum speed: 355 km/h (191 knots, 220 mph)
- Cruise speed: 270 km/h (146 knots, 168 mph) at 3,000 m (9,840 ft)
- Stall speed: 123 km/h (67 knots, 77 mph)
- Range: 1,500 km (809 nmi, 932 mi)
- Endurance: 6 hr 12 min
- Service ceiling: 7,620 m (25,000 ft)
Terms & Limitations of PZL m-28B Bryza 1r Picture use
These pictures of PZL m-28B Bryza 1r aircraft is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. These PZL m-28B Bryza 1r pictures are not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this PZL m-28B Bryza 1r picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
PZL m-28B Bryza 1r Military Aircraft Picture & Information