Aero L-39C Albatros Military Trainer Aircraft
The Aero L-39 Albatros was developed in Czechoslovakia during the 1960s as a basic jet trainer to replace the aging L-29 Delfín, it was the first turbofan trainer produced and has a heated fully pressurized cockpit. The Aero L-39 Albatros flew in November 1968, the L-39C standard production basic training version, entered service as the standard jet trainer of most Communist air Forces including the Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia, and all of the Warsaw Pact nations after 1971. The last model, the L-39MS, remained in production until 1999. Aero L-39C Albatros's have featured in several movie productions including the James Bond film "Tomorrow Never Dies".
The Aero L-39C Albatros pictured above forms part of the very impressive Breitling Apache Aerobatic Jet Team and was photographed at the Biggin Hill International Air Fair 2006.
Aero L-39C Albatros Armament (L-39ZO light attack variant, 1,290 kg of stores on four under-wing hard-points):AAMs (K-13)Rocket launchers7.62 mm machine-gun podsFree-fall bombsCluster bombs
|Aero L-39C Albatros Specifications: |
- Crew: Pilot and trainee
- Length: 12.13 m (39 ft 10 in)
- Wingspan: 9.46 m (31 ft 0 in)
- Height: 4.77 m (15 ft 5 in)
- Empty weight: 3,459 kg (7,625 lb)
- Maximum Take-Off Weight: 4,700 kg (10,362 lb)
- Engine: Single Progress AI-25TL turbofan, 16.9 kN (3,800 lbf)
- Maximum speed: 750 km/h at 5,000 m (466 mph at 16,400 ft)
- Range: 1,000 km (621 miles)
- Service ceiling: 11,500 m (37,730 ft)
Aero L-39C Albatros
An Estonian Aero L-39 trainer
This picture has been digitally re-mastered from a picture in the public domain
Terms & Limitations of Aero L-39C Albatros Picture use
This picture of Aero L-39C Albatros is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This Aero L-39C Albatros picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this Aero L-39C Albatros picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Aero L-39C Albatros Military Trainer Plane Picture and Information