De Havilland Vampire T 11 Military Trainer
The de Havilland Vampire T 11 was a side by side two-seat training aircraft version of the RAF's Vampire jet fighter, it retained it's armament as this was found to help foreign sales it served with the RAF, Fleet Air Arm, and the military forces of numerous other counties. Powered by a single de Havilland Goblin Goblin 35 turbojet engine, a total of 731 Vampire T-11 trainers were built and many remained in RAF service until the late 1950's.
De Havilland Vampire T 11 Specifications:
- Crew: Instructor and trainee pilot
- Wing span: 38 feet
- Length: 34 feet 7 inches
- Service ceiling: 40,000 feet
- Height: 6 feet 7 inches Range 840 miles
- Engine: Single 3,350 lb thrust Goblin 3 turbojet
- Empty weight: 7,380 lb
- Maximum take-off weight: 11,150 lb
- Maximum speed: 538 mph at sea level
De Havilland Vampire T 11 Armament:
- Four 20mm Hispano-Suiza cannons
- Wing under-slung Rockets & Bombs
Last of the many!
This De Havilland Vampire T 11, WZ507 (G-VTII), is operated by the Vampire Preservation Group, it is the last flying example in Europe, fortunately it is a regular visitor to many UK airshows.
Terms & Limitations of De Havilland Vampire T 11 Picture use
The top picture of a De Havilland Vampire T 11 has been digitally re-mastered from an image taken by Adrian Pingstone who has kindly placed the picture in to the public domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever information from this site is used is used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided where this site is the copyright holder.
3) Use of any of our copyrighted pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
De Havilland Vampire T 11 Military Trainer Plane Picture and Information