Typhoon T1 Eurofighter Trainer Aircraft
The RAF Typhoon T1 Eurofighter Trainer is an agile, two seat, multi-role aircraft optimised for training while still retaining it's high altitude supersonic air combat and ground attack capabilities. It is built by a four-nation consortium consisting of companies from the UK, Germany, Italy and Spain. The EF-2000 Eurofighter has a designed in-service life of 25 years or 6,000 flying hours, the aircraft pictured on this page are of the two seat T1 training version from the RAF's 29 Squadron, a Eurofighter OCU (operational conversion unit) which is responsible for converting Panavia Tornado F3 pilots on to the Typhoon.
EF-2000 Eurofighter trainer Specifications:
- Crew: Pilot and Trainee seated in tandem
- Engines: Twin 20,250 lbf (90 kN) Eurojet EJ200 afterburning turbofans
- Length: 15.96 m (52 ft 5 in)
- Wingspan: 10.95 m (35 ft 11 in)
- Height: 5.28 m (17 ft 4 in)
- Empty weight: 11,000 kg (24,250 lb)
- Loaded weight: 16,000 kg (35,300 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 23,500 kg (51,800 lb)
- Maximum Speed: 1,321mph (2,125km/h) at 36,090ft (11,000m)
- Range: 2,900 km (1,840 mi)
- Service ceiling: 19,810 m (65,000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 315 m/s (62,000 ft/min)
|RAF Typhoon T1A|
The Typhoon T1A entered RAF service on the 30th of June 2003, the initial three training squadrond all moved to RAF Coningsby in mid 2005.
Terms & Limitations of RAF Typhoon T1 Eurofighter Trainer Picture use
This picture of RAF Typhoon T1 Eurofighter Trainer is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This RAF Typhoon T1 Eurofighter Trainer picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this RAF Typhoon T1 Eurofighter Trainer picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Typhoon Eurofighter Trainer Military Trainer Picture & Information