Alenia G 222 Military Transport Aircraft
The Italian Aeritalia G.222 was designed and built to meet a NATO specification for a medium-sized STOL military transport aircraft, it first flew in July 1970 and entered service initially with the Italian Air Force in April 1978, later military users of the Aeritalia G.222 include Argentina, United Arab Emirates, Libya, Nigeria, Somalia, Thailand and the US Air Force.
Aeritalia G.222 Specifications:
- Crew: Pilot, co-pilot and loadmaster
- Capacity: 5,500 kg (12,100 lb) of cargo, 34 troops
- Length: 22.7 m (74 ft 6 in)
- Wingspan: 28.7 m (94 ft 2 in)
- Height: 9.8 m (32 ft 2 in)
- Empty weight: 11,940 kg (26,320 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 31,800 kg (70,107 lb)
- Engines: Twin 2,535 kW (3,400 shp) General Electric T64-GE-P4D turboprop
- Maximum speed: 540 km/h (336 mph, 291 knots)
- Range: 4,685 km (2,910 miles, 2,529 NM)
- Service ceiling 7,620 m (25,000 ft)
Terms & Limitations of Alenia G 222 Picture use
This picture of an Alenia G 222 has been digitally re-mastered from an image taken by Adrian Pingstone who has kindly placed the picture in to the public domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever information from this site is used is used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided where this site is the copyright holder.
3) Use of any of our copyrighted pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Alenia G 222 Military Transport Picture & Information