Antonov An-124 Military Transport Aircraft
The Antonov An-124 Ruslan, NATO reporting name "Condor", is a Heavy Transport plane that was for some time the largest production aircraft in the world. The Antonov An-124 first flew in December 1982 and acquired a Civil certification ten years later. Initial use of the An-124 was limited to the Russian Air Force but after Civil certification the aircraft have been utilised by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Rolls-Royce and Airbus to transport aeronautical oversize components around the World.
The Antonov An-124 pictured above is one of the ten An-124 aircraft operated by Volga-Dnepr Airlines based in Russia specialising in transporting heavy and oversize cargos.
Antonov An-124 Specifications:
- Crew: 6
- Capacity: 88 passengers
- Payload: 150,000 kg (330,000 lb)
- Length: 68.96 m (226 ft 3 in)
- Wingspan: 73.3 m (240 ft 5 in)
- Height: 20.78 m (68 ft 2 in)
- Empty weight: 175,000 kg (385,000 lb)
- Useful load: 230,000 kg (508,000 lb)
- Maximum takeoff weight: 405,000 kg (893,000 lb)
- Engines: Four 229.5 kN (51,600 lbf) Lotarev D-18T turbofans
- Maximum speed: 865 km/h (467 kn 537 mph)
- Cruise speed: 800-850 km/h (430 kn 490 mph)
- Range: 5,400 km (2,900 nm, 3,360 mi 5,410 km)
Service ceiling 12,000 m (35,000 ft)
Terms & Limitations of Antonov An-124 Picture use
This picture of a Antonov An-124 has been digitally re-mastered from a USAF picture and they should be credited wherever it is used. We only authorise non-commercial use of the information on this page and we particularly encourage it's use for educational purposes.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three of our copyrighted pictures shall be used on any URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of any of our own copyrighted pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Antonov An-124 Military Transport Picture & Information