Antonov An-26 Military Transport Aircraft
Developed by Antonov from the An-24. the Antonov An-26 is a soviet twin turboprop tactical transport aircraft which first flew in April 1963 and has seen extensive use with the Soviet Air Force. A total of 1,403 Antonov An-26 aircraft were built (some built by Xian Aircraft in china as the Y-7 and Y-14) and has served with the military forces of over 40 countries.
Antonov An-26 Specifications:
- Crew: Two pilots, radio operator/engineer and a navigator
- Capacity: 40 passengers
- Payload: 5,500 kg (12,000 lb)
- Length: 23.8 m (78 ft 1 in)
- Wingspan: 29.2 m (95 ft 9½ in)
- Height: 8.32 m (27 ft 3½ in)
- Empty weight: 15,020 kg (33,110 lb)
- Useful load: 4,500 kg (9,900 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 24,000 kg (53,000 lb)
- Engines: Twin 2,820 shp (2,100 kW) Progress AI-24VT turboprops
- Cruise speed: 440 km/h (240 knots, 275 mph)
- Maximum range: 2,550 km
- Service ceiling 7500 m (17,000 ft)
Terms & Limitations of Antonov An-26 Picture use
This picture of an Antonov An-26 has been digitally re-mastered from an image taken by Adrian Pingstone who has kindly placed the picture in to the public domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever information from this site is used is used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided where this site is the copyright holder.
3) Use of any of our copyrighted pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Antonov An-26 Military Transport Picture & Information