ATR 42 Military Transport Aircraft
The ATR 42 was designed and built in France and Italy by "Aerei da Trasporto Regionale or Avions de transport régional" as a twin-turboprop, short-haul airliner, however it has found use as a military transport and as the ATR 42 "Surveyor" maritime patrol aircraft. The ATR 42 is operational with the Gabonese Air Force, Italian Coast Guard and Guardia di Finanza, Colombian Air Force and the Nigerian Air Force.
|ATR 42 Specifications: |
- Crew: Two
- Length: 74 ft 5 in (22.67 m)
- Wingspan: 80 ft 7 in (24.57 m)
- Height: 24 ft 11 in (7.59 m)
- Empty weight: 23,148 lb (10,500 kg)
- Service ceiling: 1,486 US gal (5,625 L)
- Service ceiling: 25,000 ft (7,600 m)
- Engines: Two Pratt & Whitney Canada PW121 turboprops
Terms & Limitations of ATR 42 Picture use
This picture of a ATR 42 has been digitally re-mastered from an image taken by Adrian Pingstone who has kindly placed the picture in to the public domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever information from this site is used is used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided where this site is the copyright holder.
3) Use of any of our copyrighted pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
ATR 42 Military Transport Picture & Information