Boeing C-135 Stratolifter Military Transport
The Boeing C-135 Stratolifter is a military variant of the Boeing 707 commercial airliner and has been in service with the USAF as a transport aircraft since 1956. The picture below depicts the immaculate C-135C "Speckled Trout", an aircraft modified for, and used by, the United States Air Force Chief of Staff, it is fitted with specialised radio equipment, data links and cryptographic equipment.
Boeing C-135 Stratolifter Specifications:
- Crew: minimum of a pilot and co-pilot
- Length: 136 ft 3 in (41.53 m)
- Wingspan: 130 ft 10 in (39.88 m)
- Height: 41 ft 8 in (12.70 m)
- Empty weight: 98,466 lb (44,663 kg)
- Max takeoff weight: 322,500 lb (146,000 kg)
- Engines: Four 21,634 lbf (96 kN) CFM International CFM-56 turbofan engines
- Maximum speed: 580 mph (933 km/h)
- Range: 3,450 mi (5,550 km)
- Service ceiling 50,000 ft (15,200 m)
Terms & Limitations of Boeing C-135 Stratolifter Picture use
This picture of a Boeing C-135 Stratolifter has been digitally re-mastered from a USAF picture and they should be credited wherever it is used. We only authorise non-commercial use of the information on this page and we particularly encourage it's use for educational purposes.
Limitations of use:
1) www.airpowerworld.info must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three of our copyrighted pictures shall be used on any URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of any of our own copyrighted pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Boeing C-135 Stratolifter Military Transport Picture & Information