Lockheed C-130h Hercules Military Transport
The Lockheed C-130 Hercules is a military transport aircraft which first flew in August 1954, in entered service with it's prime user, the USAF, in December 1957 and still remains in service and production, the US remains the largest user of the Hercules but is used by air forces world wide with well over 2000 having now been produced. The Lockheed C-130h Hercules was introduced in 1964 and was fitted with modified wings and updated Allison T56-A-15 engines, the C-130h is probably the most numerous variant of the Hercules operated by the worlds military forces.
|Lockheed C-130H Specifications:|
- Crew: Two pilots, navigator, flight engineer and loadmaster
- Capacity: 92 passengers or 64 airborne troops or 74 litter patients with 2 medical personnel or 6 pallets or 2–3 Humvees or 2 M113 personnel carriers
- Payload: 45,000 lb (20,400 kg)
- Length: 97 ft 9 in (29.8 m)
- Wingspan: 132 ft 7 in (40.4 m)
- Height: 38 ft 3 in (11.6 m)
- Empty weight: 75,800 lb (34,400 kg)
- Useful load: 72,000 lb (33,000 kg)
- Maximum takeoff weight: 155,000 lb (70,300 kg)
- Engines: Four 4,590 shp (3,430 kW) Allison T56-A-15 turboprops
- Maximum speed: 366 mph (592 km/h) at 20,000 ft (6,060 m)
- Cruise speed: 336 mph (540 km/h)
- Range: 2,050 nmi (2,360 mi, 3,800 km)
- Service ceiling: 33,000 ft (10,060 m) empty or 23,000 ft (7,077 m) with 42,000 pounds (19,090 kilograms) payload
- Takeoff distance: 3,586 ft (1,093 m) at 155,000 lb (70,300 kg) max gross weight or 1,400 ft (427 m) at 80,000 lb (36,300 kg) gross weight
Lockheed C-130H Hercules dispensing flares
Georgia Air National Guard Lockheed C-130H Hercules
at McCaran International
Airport Las Vegas
Terms & Limitations of Lockheed C-130h Hercules Picture use
The two top pictures of a Lockheed C-130h Hercules have been digitally re-mastered from a USAF picture and they should be credited wherever they are used. We only authorise non-commercial use of the information on this page and we particularly encourage it's use for educational purposes.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three of our copyrighted pictures shall be used on any URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of any of our own copyrighted pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Lockheed C-130h Hercules Military Transport Picture & Information