Picture of Messerschmitt Me 109 Buchon Fighter
The Hispano Buchón, or more accurately the Hispano HA-1112-M1L C4K-154 was a Spanish built version of the Luftwaffe's famous Messerschmitt Bf 109G fighter aircraft. In 1942 an agreement between the German and Spanish governments for Hispano Aviacion to build Bf 109's under licence, various sub-assemblies were supplied by Messerschmitt to Hispano Aviacion in Seville but war-time shortages meant that there were insufficient Daimler Benz DB605's to supply Hispano Aviacion, consequently they were initially built using the Hispano Suiza 12z V12 in March 1945 but this was found to be lacking in the power required for the aircraft to be an effective fighter.
The Hispano HA-1112-M1L Buchon had to wait until the end of WWII and the cessation of hostilities in order to source a new engine - ironically the Rolls Royce Merlin which had been the power-plant of the RAF's Spitfires and Hurricane fighters. The Hispano Buchón was destined to serve in the Spanish Air Force until 1967 as a fighter, ending it's last years as an advanced fighter trainer.
Hispano HA-1112-M1L Buchon Armament:
- Two 20 mm Hispano-Suiza HS.404/408 cannon
- Two 80 mm under-wing rocket pods with eight unguided rocket projectiles each
Hispano HA-1112-M1L Buchon Specifications:
- Crew: Pilot only
- Wing Span: 9.9 m (32 ft 7 in)
- Length: 9 m (29 ft 8 in)
- Height: 2.59 m (8 ft 5 in)
- Weight, Empty: 2,445 kg (5,390 lb)
- Weight, Gross: 2,859 kg (6,303 lb)
- Engine: single 1,600 hp Rolls-Royce Merlin 500/45 V-12 engine
- Maximum Speed: 666 km/h (414 mph)
- Service Ceiling: 10,000 m (32,800 ft)
- Range: 766 km (476 mi)
The Battle of Britain Film
The Eratz Bf 109G Rolls-Royce Merlin powered Spanish Air Force Hispano Buchón fighters were used to represent the Luftwaffe's Messerschmitt Bf109G's fighters in the 1969 film epic "The Battle of Britain".
Terms & Limitations of Messerschmitt Me 109 Buchon Picture use
These pictures of a Messerschmitt Me 109 Buchon is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This Messerschmitt Me 109 Buchon picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this Messerschmitt Me 109 Buchon picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Messerschmitt Me 109 Buchon WW2 Fighter Picture and Information