Picture of Messerschmitt Me 210 WW2 Fighter
The Messerschmitt Me 210 was designed as a heavy fighter to replace the obsolete Messerschmitt Me 110 which due to it's relatively low speed when compared to the newer single engine fighters. To achieve a higher speed than the Messerschmitt Me 110 a totally new wing was designed with the centre of gravity moved forwards and an internal bomb bay, unfortunately the aircraft proved to have Stability and handling problems, although it went in production, after only one month, during which 90 aircraft had been produced, the factory reverted to Me 110 production following very negative operational pilot reports.
In 1943 Hungary built some modified planes under licence but production ceased within months as pilots still found the heavy fighter still retained the majority of it's negative handling properties.
Messerschmitt Me 210 Specifications:
- Crew: Pilot and gunner
- Length: 11.20 m (36 ft 8 in)
- Wingspan: 16.40 m (53 ft 7 in)
- Height: 4.30 m (14 ft)
- Empty weight: 5,440 kg (12,000 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 8,100 kg (18,000 lb)
- Engines: Twin 1,332 hp (993 kW) Daimler-Benz DB 601F liquid-cooled inverted V12 engine
- Maximum speed: 620 km/h (335 knots, 385 mph)
- Combat radius: 2,400 km (1,300 nm, 1,500 mi)
- Service ceiling: 7,000 m (23,000 ft)
Messerschmitt Me 210 Armament:
- Twin 20 mm MG 151/20 machine guns
- Twin 7.92 mm MG 17 machine guns
- Twin 13 mm MG 131 machine guns
- 1,000 kg (2,200 lb) of bombs
Terms & Limitations of Messerschmitt Me 210 Picture use
This picture of Messerschmitt Me 210 is Copyright © June 2014 Siteseen Ltd. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This Messerschmitt Me 210 picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this Messerschmitt Me 210 picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Messerschmitt Me 210 WW2 Fighter Picture and Information