Picture of Messerschmitt ME410A Hornisse Fighter
The Messerschmitt 410 Hornisse (Hornet) was the last in a series of three destroyer fighter bomber aircraft, the earlier aircraft were the Messerschmitt 110 and Messerschmitt 210, surprisingly the oldest, the Messerschmitt 110, was in fact to remain in production longer than both it's would be replacements, this was partially due to the 210 having take-off and landing aerodynamic problems. The prototype Messerschmitt 410 Hornisse was based on the unsuccessful Messerschmitt 210 airframe, but with it's unpleasant vices designed out, within weeks of it's first successful flight it was ordered into production entering operational service in April 1943.
Approximately 1160 Messerschmitt 410's had been produced by 1945 when production was finally brought to a halt by a combination of allied air-raids on production plants, and it's increasing vulnerability to modern allied fighters a result of poor defensive armament.
Messerschmitt Me 410 Hornisse Specifications:
- Crew: Pilot and gunner
- Height: 17,598 lb
- Length: 40 ft 11.5 in
- Wing Span 53 ft 7.7
- Empty Weight: 17,598 lb
- Loaded weight: 24,772 lb
- Engines: Twin 1750 hp (1304.61 kW) Daimler-Benz DB 603A inverted-V engines
- Maximum Speed: 388 mph @ 21,980 ft
- Service Ceiling: 32,810 ft
- Maximum Range: 1,050 miles
Messerschmitt Me 410 Hornisse Armament:
- Twin nose mounted 7,92 mm MG 17 machineguns
- Two fuselage barbette mounted 13 mm MG 1317 machineguns
- Twin nose mounted 20 mm MG 151/20 cannon
- Twin ventral tray mounted 20 mm MG 151/20 cannon
- Maximum of 1,000 kg of bombs
Terms & Limitations of Messerschmitt ME410A Hornisse Picture use
This picture of a Messerschmitt ME410A Hornisse is Copyright © airpowerworld.info 2006. We only authorise non-commercial picture use and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. This Messerschmitt ME410A Hornisse picture is not in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) www.airpowerworld.info must be credited as the copyright holders wherever a picture is used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this Messerschmitt ME410A Hornisse picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Messerschmitt ME410A Hornisse WW2 Fighter Picture and Information