Picture of Mitsubishi A6M Zero WW2 Fighter
The Mitsubishi A6M Zero was a highly successful aircraft-carrier based monoplane fighter designed by Mitsubishi designer Jiro Horikoshi for the Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service, it entered service in July 1940 at which time it was undoubtedly the best carrier based fighter in the world. The Mitsubishi Zero remained in production and service until 1945 by which time Allied fighters had gained the advantage. A total in excess of 11,000 Zero's were produced, the later virtually obsolete production aircraft often being used in desperate kamikaze missions.
|Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero Model 21 Armament: |
- Twin 7.7 mm (0.303 in) Type 97 machine guns engine cowl mounted
- Twin 20 mm (0.787 in) Type 99 wing mounted cannon
- Two 60 kg (132 lb) bombs or two 250 kg permanently mounted bombs for kamikaze missions
|Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero Model 21 Specifications: |
- Crew: Pilot only
- Length: 9.06 m (29 ft 9 in)
- Wingspan: 12.0 m (39 ft 4 in)
- Height: 3.05 m (10 ft 0 in)
- Empty weight: 1,680 kg (3,704 lb)
- Loaded weight: 2,410 kg (5,313 lb)
- Engine: Single 709 kW (950 hp) Nakajima Sakae 12 radial engine
- Maximum speed: 533 km/h (287 knots, 331 mph) at 4,550 m (14,930 ft)
- Range: 3,105 km (1,675 nm, 1,929 mi)
- Service ceiling 10,000 m (33,000 ft)
Crashed Zero Cockpit from
inside the Fuselage
Terms & Limitations of Mitsubishi A6M Zero Picture use
The top picture of a Mitsubishi A6M Zero has been digitally re-mastered from a Japanese Government copyright expired picture. We only authorise non-commercial of our own pictures and particularly encourage their use for educational purposes. The top Mitsubishi A6M Zero picture is in the Public Domain.
Limitations of use:
1) Siteseen Ltd. must be credited as the copyright holders wherever our copyrighted pictures or content are used.
2) For internet use, no more than three individual pictures shall be used on any given URL or website and a link back to this site must be provided.
3) Use of this Mitsubishi A6M Zero picture, or any of our pictures on websites re-distributing copyright free material is strictly prohibited.
Need more Information? - Visit our copyright page via our main index
Mitsubishi A6M Zero WW2 Fighter Picture and Information